The Restart and Recovery & Kickstarting Tourism Grants have been created specifically to help SMEs in the Solent LEP area to adapt and diversify in response to the impacts of Covid-19, with at least £157,000 ring-fenced to support the visitor economy.
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), eligible SMEs can access grants of between £1,000 - £3,000 (and up to £5,000 in exceptional circumstances). All grants will cover 100% of the cost of the product or service applied for, with no requirement for match-funding.
Examples of eligible expenditure on professional services include:
- Review of the business strategy
- Strategic review of business models
- Development of recovery plans
- HR, financial and legal advice
- Coaching and mentoring in leadership and management development / Change management
- Innovation strategy to adapt and diversify products/services
- The introduction of new technology
- Developing or revising marketing/digital strategies to reach new markets
- Mitigating the impact of social distancing measures
- Rebuilding a viable business model
- Developing product offerings
- Legal and environmental health compliance
- Skills analysis and development plans
- Workforce management
- Employee engagement, welfare and wellbeing
Grants may also be used to purchase minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify. For example, a tourism business may need to purchase a second cash register to enable adequate social distancing in its gift shop. Other examples of potentially eligible expenditure on equipment (where a Covid-19 related impact can be demonstrated) could include:
- IT hardware to support home working (excluding [the replacement of existing] PC/Laptop and mobile phones)
- Software to enable secure remote working
- Online sales/purchasing platforms
- Equipment for remote working including desks, chairs etc.
- Cloud based storage
- Website creation / development
Round one of the Fund will close once 1,000 applications have been received, or one week from its launch on 16 September, whichever is the sooner. Should 1,000 applications not be received, round one will close at 11:59 pm on 23 September 2020. The 1,001st application or applications received after 11:59 pm on 23 September 2020 will not be considered.
Please note that we expect application levels to be high so we strongly encourage you to apply now, during round one. There may be further funding rounds but this will be entirely dependent on how much is distributed in the first round.
Before completing the application form below, please read the Technical Guidance. In that document you will find full details including the eligibility criteria and the decision-making process.
Please note all applications will be required to provide three quotes for the services or items they are seeking grant support for. Applications that do not provide three quotes cannot be progressed
Quick Eligibility Checklist:
- Your project will be located in the Solent LEP area
- Your company has fewer than 250 employees
- The annual turnover of your company does not exceed £44.5 million or the annual balance sheet total does not exceed £38 million
- Your enterprise has not received in excess of £179,000 of state aid funding in the last 3 years.
The following form is designed to ask a set of questions - if the answers given to any of these does not fit the eligibility requirements, you will be redirected and supported to find alternative options.
Start Application Here