Solent LEP has launched the Building Back Greener Loan Fund. The fund supports businesses to help them maximise opportunities to lead the way towards Net Zero. £5m of loan funding has been allocated for applications for projects that contribute to one or more of the following:
- clean growth in the Solent maritime sector
- the clean recovery and growth of the Solent's visitor, creative or cultural economy
- the Solent economy's pathway to Net Zero
- nature-based solutions to economic and environmental challenges
- the skills and training that Solent employers need
- strengthening the Solent as a hotbed of innovation.
The loan funding is available for private sector businesses, further education colleges and universities, and social enterprises. Applications can be made for amounts between £100,000 and £1,000,000 for capital projects. The deadline for applications is 14 January 2022. You can find out more here.